We are always so quick to criticize ourselves and often are our own worst enemies. Here are five ways to cultivate self-compassion:
- Start and finish the day gently. Give yourself this gift every day.
- At the end of each day, have some quiet time to reflect on what you’ve done well that day.
- When you make a mistake stop your critical voice and remind yourself that its okay- you don’t need to be perfect.
- Do one self-nurturing thing every week (every day is even better).It might be a massage, a bath, wearing something special or cooking a lovely meal.
- When you look in the mirror, really look. Acknowledge the vulnerable yet beautiful person looking back at you.
As my favorite author, Dr. Seuss states:
“Today you are you, That is truer than true, There is no one alive who is, You’er than You”
Appreciate yourself and all your gifts … You have a lot to offer the world. Kindness starts with self.