What is Life Coaching?
Life Coaching is all about YOU and what you want to achieve in your life. It is a structured process whereby you work with a coach who helps you set goals and supports you in making lasting lifestyle changes that will ultimately improve your mental and physical wellbeing.
A life coach creates awareness by asking questions and helping a client understand how certain behaviors and limiting beliefs have led to obstacles which can affect daily life. A coach then provides strategies, motivation and support with the goal of assisting a client to change limiting behaviours and empowering them to reach their goals and improve performance. Basically it is about helping people get from where they are in their life to where they want to be.
Coaching is future oriented. It is not therapy or counselling but rather focuses on getting people to focus on the action they are willing to take to unlock their true potential. We look at different alternatives and examine all areas of your life.
People’s emotional states can be in one of two places: Discovery or Recovery.
People in discovery are aware of what has happened to them in the past and are willing to make way for change and the new person they can potentially become. People in recovery cannot do that. They are blaming and angry and may need help from a psychologist. For a person in recovery, life coaching may be too demanding because they see their emotions as part of their identity and they are not ready to let them go. It is important for each person who considers using a life coach to examine this belief before hiring a life coach. A life coach deals with people who are creative, whole and resourceful and has the task of helping the client look and move forward constantly, so if someone is not ready to move forward then coaching is not the right avenue for them.
Who can benefit?
If you are a person who is:
- Looking for new possibilities and life purpose
- Stuck in a rut and needs direction
- Struggling to find a balance
- Looking for clarity and meaning
- Wanting to learn to overcome limiting beliefs and negative thoughts
- Working towards a specific goal
The Coaching Relationship
Each coaching relationship is unique and is also completely confidential.
As your coach you can expect me to:
- Be an objective and active listener
- Support your goals
- Provide a structure that will help you make choices and take action to achieve success
- Challenge you to get out of your comfort zone
- Break barriers of self-limiting and negative behaviours
- Tell the truth and be honest
- Assist you in looking at yourself and your world differently
What coaching requires from you:
- Honesty even if difficult at times
- 100% commitment to change
- Taking responsibility and action to achieve results
- Exercising your choices so you are in control of the outcomes
- Be creative and willing to move forward
Personal transformation is the core of all coaching.
- Organisation skills for life, school and study
- Time management
- Stress management
- Goal setting
- Changing limiting beliefs and self-sabotaging behaviours
- Overcoming barriers and negative thoughts
- Breaking triggers and patterns of behaviour
- Learning techniques to create lasting change
- Understanding your unique personality
- Values systems analysis which help change perception
- Creating positive and sustainable habits
- Achieving balance in all areas of life
To find out more about our Life Coaching programs, click here.