What is Teen Coaching?
It is about empowering teens to have a better sense of who they are and learn how to maximize their true potential. It assists teens in understanding their unique personality and in making choices and decisions that are true to their core emotional needs.
How Teen Coaching can help
As they become teenagers, a lot of kids struggle to navigate the social and practical challenges of everyday life. Learning to balance academic and social pressures at the same time as undergoing biological, neurological, hormonal, psychological and physical changes can be overwhelming and often creates anxiety which can lead to bigger problems at a later stage. Often teens struggle to connect with themselves and others emotionally, creatively and socially. This is the time when they may need another form of outside support other than their parents or teachers.
Teen Coaching is designed to encourage personal development in young people while providing an outlet for the normal stress and anxiety that takes place during the transition to adulthood. A coach has a lot to offer teenagers as they are not their parent or peer, can give them plenty of support, accept them as they are, and challenge them in a non-judgmental way whilst simultaneously offering lots of encouragement and opening up a window of new possibilities.
A coach can help teens learn how to handle obstacles and setbacks, establish positive thinking and monitor growth by establishing a new set of beliefs and values and assist in moving forward, planning and setting goals which pave the way for future success.
Teen Coaching is about personal development and is an investment in your teen’s future. Through a process of learning life skills and lessons, your teen will start to develop self-awareness, self-confidence, courage and compassion. These fundamental life skills will enable your teen to take control, set realistic goals for the future, make effective choices, and follow their dreams to become the person they were born to be and achieve their true potential.
Benefits of Teen Coaching
- Discover your strengths and talents
- Make informed decisions about how to best manage stress
- Learn ways to stay healthy and balanced in your life
- Learn more about yourself and your relationship with family and peers
- Academic and organizational skills
- Improve your time management skills
- Work towards your chosen goals and outcomes
- Figure out your mission in life and what direction you want to take
- Find out what you are passionate about
- Motivate you to achieve your true potential
- Discover your personal value system
- Increase self-confidence and trust
- Identify potential setbacks and limiting beliefs that are holding you back
- Help improve family and friendship dynamics
- Learn how to handle difficult emotions
- Strategies for successful communication
- See the world from different perspectives
- Learning Life Skills
- Increasing Emotional Intelligence
- Decision making skills
- Self-acceptance and self-awareness
To find out more about our Teen Coaching programs, click here.