“Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”
– Roy T. Bennett
Articles of Interest
One of my key strengths is a love of learning which drives me to constantly be on the lookout for new research, perspectives and strategies to enhance growth and extend your learning and development at all stages of life.
Most importantly the articles I share on Facebook, LinkedIn and on my site support my philosophy of coaching and my commitment to empowering others to grow, learn and develop personally and professionally.
The articles are categorised under the following headings:
Parenting, Teens & Families
- The Teenage Brain & Executive Function
- Understanding Anxiety
- Helping Teens to Deal with Anxiety
- How to Communicate Effectively with Teenagers
- How can Life Coaching help Teens?
- Is Supplying Alcohol to Teens Legal?
- How To Dial Back Stress For High-Achieving Kids
- Parents and the ‘weakest link’: 4 tips to help prevent you being ‘set-up’ around alcohol and parties
- Finding Balance as a Dual-Career Couple
- Seven Things Parents should know about Adolescent Behaviour
- How To Have Important Conversations With Teenagers
- Fourteen Things that Child Therapists wish they could say to Parents
- When Kids Grow Up: How to Support Adult Children without Hovering
- Healthy Relationships After Growing Up in Emotional Chaos?
- Parenting Children Of Divorce
- ‘Vaping’ or ‘Juuling’: When a 15-year-old birthday invitation includes the words ‘No vaping’ you know something is happening!
- Ten reasons teen have so much anxiety today
- Disciplining Older Teenagers
- Rules and Boundaries for Older Teens Living at Home
- Five ways to get out of a screaming match with your Teen
- Why Parents should be concerned about EQ and not just IQ
- Reasons Today’s Kids Are Bored, Entitled, Impatient With Few Real Friends
- Insights into Handling Difficult Teens
- Stop Judging Other People’s Kids
Career Planning & Development
- How to Make Connections that Count
- It’s Never Too Late to Start a Brilliant Career
- The Reasons You Should Invest in a Career Coach
- Do You have Burnout?
- Career Education needs an Overhaul
- Thirteen Tips to Improve Your Linkedin Profile
- How to Answer Questions about the Company who is Interviewing You?
- How coaching helps doctors manage complexity and uncertainty
- Recruiters reveal: Top 5 in demand skills in Australia and why
- To be Successful chase your Purpose not your Passion
Executive & Leadership
- What Google Teaches its Managers
- What do highly successful people do differently?
- Small tips for better communication
- Questions that cut through the BS
- How to increase your influence at work
- Reacting to clashes at work with Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence is a Skill
- How Toxic Is Your Workplace Exactly? Quite Toxic If These 8 Things Keep Happening Every Day
- The Power of Meaningful Conversation
- Resilience is about how you Recharge not how you Endure
- High Performing Teams need Psychological Safety. Here’s how to create it
- Five questions the most Interesting People always ask in Conversations
- Leadership is a Conversation
- How to Control your Emotions during a Difficult Conversation
- Mid-life Transitions
- Empty Nest: Opportunity or Crisis?
- What does High Functioning Anxiety look like?
- When do you know you are emotionally mature?
- Learning requires getting out of your comfort zone
- The problem with striving for perfection – ABC Life
- How to Spot and Deal with an Energy Vampire
- Emotional Agility
- Three Habits to Avoid if you want to make a Behaviour Change
- Why we should say No to Positivity and Yes to our Negative Emotions
To book a free 30 minute free consultation with Melissa Katz